There are many benefits to practicing Sarvangasana for only 2 minutes every day. In this blog, I will tell you today how to do Sarvangasana in the right way.
It is easy to perform Sarvangasana and you can do it through a little practice, you will be surprised to know the benefits of continuous practice of Sarvangasana yoga pose on your body and mind.
Benefits of Sarvangasana Yoga Pose
- It activates and revives the thyroid gland. Therefore, obesity, weakness, tiredness, and inadequate increase in height can cure diseases.
- Sarvangasana boosts the adrenal glands, testicles, and ovaries. Sarvangasana yoga pose helps your body to build up testicle glands and ovaries.
- It is also beneficial for 2-3 stages of asthma as the shoulders are stabilized in Sarvangasana.
- In Sarvangasana, there is also respiration of the abdominal area. In this, the abdominal muscles are exercised and become fit due to their participation in inhaling and exhaling.
- The thyroid gland and pituitary gland become active, resulting in increased elevation.
- Sarvangasana is also good for your heart health because in it the body works against the force of gravity and blood flows into the heart without any tension.
- Beneficial in high blood pressure, headache, and migraine as your blood flows properly through your body in Sarvangasana which calms your nerves and headaches. It is beneficial for individuals suffering from high blood pressure, irritability, temper, and nervous breakdown.
- It is beneficial in insomnia (sleeping problem) as the nutrients in this yoga reach the ENT area with proper blood flow.
- Regular constipation can be used to cure constipation problems permanently and regular practice of Sarvangasana increases strength and confidence.
- There is relief from the varicose veins, as it reduces the blood pressure in the feet and relieves the person suffering from varicose vein problems.
Steps of doing Sarvangasana Yoga Pose
Step 1: Lie straight on your back. Putting the feet together, keep the palms near the body touching the ground.
Step 2: Slowly raise the legs up to 30 degrees, then 60 degrees, and then 90 degrees. You can keep the support of your hands when you lift up your legs. If you cannot keep the legs straight at 90 degrees, then move them up to 120 degrees with the help of your hands (placing your hands on the waist).
When the hands are supporting the waist, the elbow should be resting on the ground and the toes are joined and the eyes closed or centered on the thumbs. Can start from about 2 minutes, and then the duration can be gradually increased to half an hour.
Step 3: Bend the legs back slightly before returning to normal position. Remove both hands from the back of the waist and place them directly on the ground. Slowly regain the original position in the reverse order by applying palms to the support on the floor.
Rest in Shavasana for almost the same amount of time as Sarvangasana. The reverse of this asana (Sarvangasana) is the Matsyasana yoga pose. Therefore, the practice of Matsyasana before Shavasana is more beneficial.
Precautions to keep in mind while doing Sarvangasana Yoga Pose
Take these precautions while practicing Sarvangasana yoga pose for your safety and best results.
- If you have high blood pressure then you should not do the Sarvangasana yoga pose.
- Do not practice Sarvangasana during the menstrual period.
- If you have problems related to the spine, do not practice Sarvangasana.
- If you are suffering from glaucoma, acute thyroid problems, acute neck pain, shoulder injuries, and retina-related problems, do not even think about practicing Sarvangasana.
- If you face heart problems, middle ear problems, capillary, weak age, spondylosis, and slip disc then you should avoid practicing this yoga pose.
Note: If you are not fit but still want to practice Sarvangasana then ask your doctor and follow their instructions.
Are you still curious to learn more about yoga asana? In fact, you can join a yoga school in Rishikesh, India. This might help you to go through many asanas for good results.
Along with Sarvangasana, you can get many health benefits that you have never thought to get in this easy way. So, practice Sarvangasana regularly at home for 2 minutes.